Thursday, October 12, 2006

They Want What We Got, and We Don't Want What They're GETTING

Yesterday, our president had a press conference about the . . . well, take your pick. War, basically. Trouble. Everywhere. Besides North Korea's nuclear saber-rattling, there's a new report out that estimates over 600,000 Iraqis have been killed in the Iraq war (the one Bush started in 2003). Sure, that figure is probably grossly inflated, but whatever. My favorite part was his response.

"I do know that a lot of innocent people have died, and that troubles me and it grieves me. And I applaud the Iraqis for their courage in the face of violence. I am amazed that this is a society which so wants to be free that they're willing to -- that there's a level of violence that they tolerate. And it's now time for the Iraqi government to work hard to bring security in neighborhoods so people can feel at peace."

See, because we Americans can tolerate giving up our freedom(s) so we don't have to get killed. By terrorists. Which we're reminded of every motherfucking day.

If the GOP can't run on "security," then they can't run. Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home